26th November 2020
Qualified ECE Teacher Wanted
We are currently seeking a positive, dedicated, and passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our enthusiastic team at Star Early Learning. The successful applicant will need to be an exceptional teacher, who can work effectively as part of a team, can share knowledge and is willing to grow as a professional and respect our centre philosophy.
Star Early Learning is a privately run, under three Early Childhood Centre, with a strong philosophy based on respect. We promote an emotionally nurturing, peaceful, and trusting environment, where teachers can be responsive to children’s cues and interests. We view each child as capable and competent and through respectful practice we believe we can allow each child to unfold and progress naturally. Check out www.starearlylearning.co.nz for our philosophy.
This position is to cover maternity leave and is fixed term for 6 months with the opportunity for a permanent position when our over 2-year-old centre opens next door. The position is full time with a minimum of 35 hours per week. The successful applicant will need to be flexible to work within the rostered hours, consisting of Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 5.30pm.
Our ideal successful applicant will have a commitment to providing the highest standard of learning experiences and care including the following attributes:
– A fun and easy-going personality and practice which is in line with our respectful infant and toddler philosophy
– Knowledge around a RIE/Pikler philosophy
– Experience with primary caregiving
– Be qualified in Early Childhood Education
– Be passionate about professional learning, is reflective, and believes in the importance of self-growth
– Have a strong understanding of our bicultural curriculum and be able to implement Maori dispositions and learning outcomes for all children within our kaupapa
– Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
– Foster and maintain strong communication-based relationships with children, whanau, and colleagues
– This could include newly qualified beginning teachers
If you believe that you would be our ideal candidate, please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and at least 1 written reference and 1 verbal reference to: [email protected]
Applications close Sunday 20th December 2020.
Applicants for this position must have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand working visa.
For more information, please contact us.
If you are interested, send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!